This Policy applies to all Personal Information of Individuals, either in electronic or paper format, received by Balsam CR, including Personal Information of Company Personnel, consumers, healthcare professionals, patients, medical research subjects, clinical investigators, customers, suppliers, vendors, business partners and investors.
- First name or initial and last name
- Home or other physical address
- Telephone number
- Email address or online identifier associated with the individual,
- Social Security number or another similar identifier, or
- Any other information relating to an individual that is combined with any of the above
- Project related data such as client provided information, patient data, study specific data, etc.
- Sensitive Personal Information: means Personal Information that reveals or is processed to uniquely identify a person such as:
- All government-issued identification numbers
- All financial account numbers
- Individual medical records, biomedical specimens, and biometric information, including any information on any worker or consumer’s health, disability, disease or product interests
- Reports of individual background checks
- Data elements revealing race, ethnicity, national origin, political opinion, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data where processed to uniquely identify a person
- Any information that concerns medical or health conditions or sex life, or
- Information relating to the commission of a sex life or sexual orientation.
- Criminal Records, Information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
- Cookie: is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a “cookie”; this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
- Balsam CR will collect information through its website that can identify you (if provided by you), such as your name, address, phone number, email address, company name and position.
- Balsam CR will collect information from its clients, suppliers and contractors. The information will be used just for project purpose and as per the signed confidentiality agreement with each client. Balsam CR might refer to its own Confidentiality Agreement (AD-004) or to the client one (to be defined on a case by case basis).
- Balsam CR may use this information to respond to your requests for information, products or services.
- Balsam CR may also collect information that will usually not allow us to directly identify you, such as information gathered through “cookies”.
- Balsam CR may collect and process information about your visit to this website, such as the pages you visit, and some of the searches you perform. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our site for internal, market research purposes. In doing this, we may install “cookies” that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access
- At all times, only the appropriate staff at Balsam CR is allowed to have access to your information and the equipment processing it.
- Balsam CR reserves the right to disclose all information collected to the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process.
- Balsam CR takes reasonable measures to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information regardless of the country where such information is stored or transferred to.
- Balsam CR collects, uses and retains personal information as agent / data processor for the below purposes:
- To host it on behalf of business partners / customers
- To provide clinical research services, clinical research management, consulting services, clinical research support activities, and statistical analysis of clinical studies
- To support regulatory affairs services
- To recruit personnel and for the purpose of administering and carrying out the employment or personnel relationship.
- Balsam CR does not get into direct contact with potential clinical research participants / trial subjects to avoid having their identifiable information. Potential clinical research participants / trial subjects must contact the study investigators at the study site(s) to allow making the necessary link to subject identity as outside of Balsam CR system and premises.
- To perform our services and business operations, the Personal Information we collect or receive may be stored or transferred internationally throughout our worldwide organization and to our service providers or agents, including for hosting our databases or provision of data processing services, inf accordance with applicable data privacy laws. Transfers to third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice.